Mrs Nathali MwauraHead Nurse
Annie MousmieSchool Nurse
Our nursing team consists of:
- Head Nurse – responsible for the overall coordination of our nursing provision.
- School Nurse – responsible for operational nursing provision.
The primary role of the nursing team is to support student learning by functioning as a health care provider and manager in the school setting.
We believe that educational inclusion is about equal opportunities for all learners, whatever their health needs are at any particular time. In order to achieve this, the nursing team will:
- Promote and protect the optimal health status of children.
- Develop guidelines for the management of illness and injury interventions.
- Provide training to designated staff on recognition of signs and symptoms of illness and disease.
- Perform health assessments, including screening for various health factors impacting student education, and participate in IEP development/meetings where appropriate.
- Provide assessments and interventions for students with mental health concerns.
- Provide health education and counseling to help prevent teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, tobacco use, alcohol, substance abuse, wellness programs, and other health related issues.
- Maintain, evaluate, and interpret cumulative health data to accommodate students’ individual needs.
- Plan and implement Individualized Healthcare Plans (IHP) and services for children with disabilities and/or health conditions that interfere with learning, including medication administration and monitoring.
- Develop partnerships and collaborates with local government agencies and other local resources.
- Participate as the health consultant on school teams.
- Promote and assist in the control of communicable diseases through immunization programs, early intervention, surveillance, reporting, and follow-up of contagious diseases.
- Recommend provisions for a healthy school environment conducive to learning.
- Provide health education, health resources, wellness programs, and curriculum recommendations to the school staff.