Welcome! I hope that, as you visit our website, you will get a flavour of The International School Seychelles: who we are, what we’re doing, and where we’re going. This site will, I hope, be like many things within our school: a blend of consistency and tradition yet ever changing and evolving as events, curriculum and our unique school environment combine to better meet the needs of our children.
At ISS, we have much to be proud of: a strong British-based curricular programme from the Early Years to the Sixth Form and a tradition of academic success; a broad range of enrichment and enhancement opportunities for our students – who are incredible young people from a kaleidoscope of different nationalities and backgrounds; experienced staff who are dedicated to their students; and parents who truly care about the school and are always keen to give help and support. These combine to create a vibrant multi-national community of learners within the wonderful culture and setting that is the Seychelles.
We welcome children of all abilities, all backgrounds and all cultures. Whilst Teaching and Learning is, and always will be, our main focus – our students are prepared for eventual success at IGCSE and A-Levels – our aim is to ensure that each and every child has a happy and fulfilling learning experience throughout their years at the school, whether it is for just one or two or if it is all the way from 3 to 18. We want them to take every opportunity, accept every challenge, build firm and lasting friendships and to be the creators of many wonderful, unforgettable and positive experiences in their time here. Most of all, we want them to be engaged and inspired to believe in themselves, so that they can achieve to the very best of their abilities, in whatever they do.
I am extremely proud to be the Headteacher as the International School Seychelles moves forward further into the 21st Century. The possibilities of what we can achieve are constantly evolving and truly exciting, and I hope you enjoy the journey into the future with us.
Mission and Values
‘You are born not for yourself, but for the world…’
The school aims:
- to promote and maximise the development of each child’s intellectual and academic attributes within a secure and happy environment;
- to value each child as an individual and to meet his or her educational needs in full;
- to encourage each child to develop creative and critical thinking and to become adept at problem-solving;
- to encourage and support the values of self-discipline, responsibility and sociability;
- to prepare students to lead full and successful lives as future citizens of an increasingly demanding world;
- to foster an attitude of co-operation in the learning process, within the context of a community school.